Bridging the Information Gap between Citizens and Local Governments: Evidence from a Civic Participation Strengthening Program in Rwanda
Publisher: World Development, vol. 108
Aug 01, 2018
- Evaluates a civic participation strengthening program using a randomized controlled trial.
- The program provided support to both local governments and civil society organizations to bridge information gap.
- We find small negative impacts on citizens’ perceived access to government information and influence on governance.
- The program also had a small negative impact on citizens’ satisfaction with public services.
- Qualitative data suggests that program succeeded in encouraging citizens to question local government policies more openly.
Rwanda: Democracy and Governance Threshold Program Evaluation
Millennium Challenge Corporation
You may also like...
Proposed Changes to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Waivers to Work-Related Time Limits